I was provided a non stick mini loaf pan and parchment paper for this review. The opinion of this pan and parchment paper is 100% mine.
I recently spent a week with my grand children as they were out of school. My daughter had scheduled college classes to attend and my son-in-law was working so I volunteered to baby sit.
We baked together in order to keep them busy and not in front of the television. I thought it would be a great idea to let them help bake a fun family recipe using the Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan I received from Good Cook for a review.
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons of apple juice to make thin glaze.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In sauce pan cream brown sugar, shortening, cinnamon, and apple sauce. Simmer about 6 minutes
- In bowl mix together flour, salt and baking soda then add to cooking mixture in sauce pan.
- Use shortening to grease pans or lightly spray with non-stick spray. (In earnest for a non stick pan coating is not required because it is non stick but I'm old school)
- Pour in batter in pan but leave room for cake to rise. Put in oven for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- After cooling make glaze and pour over loaves. Another option is to not glaze the cake and lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and add 1 to 2 tablespoon of apple juice. Stir while adding liquid. Pour over cake.
- I used shortening sticks for this recipe and used the wrapper to easily grease this pan. It made it non messy and used all the shortening left on the paper for no waste. Using non-stick spray is another option.
This was a really nice pan and the loaves slid out easily and the clean up was wonderful. This is a perfect pan to use for holiday giving or to prepare for family gatherings. The parchment paper was a wonderful addition to make these loaves festive and I was impressed with the quality of the paper.
We enjoyed the loaves and also I passed down a recipe for my grand children to use and made some memories as well. This is an ideal pan to use for home-made treats being given as gifts. I love that you can make four loaves at once. I feel the loaves are the perfect size. Using the parchment paper makes them decorative. This pan is currently on sale at the price of $8.83 and is a wonderful pan to include for the kitchen or a great gift for someone on a gift list that enjoys baking. They currently are offering a 25% off coupon at goodcook.com for the Mini loaf pan. Use CODE: SWEETLOAF
I think you will agree with me once using this quality pan that it is wonderful and will be on of your favorite pans to use.
You can follow them on their social media areas: